July 2, 2019 ● 19-30
Ps. 84:1-2: How lovely are Your dwelling places, o Lord of hosts! My soul longed and even yearned for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh sing for joy to the living God.
God has made us a people who gather, a people who congregate. When we distance ourselves from gathering with other brothers and sisters in Christ we miss the blessings God has in store for us because we gather.
First there are the blessings of PLACE. The blessings of PLACE are realized as we gather as a family of faith with other brothers and sisters in Christ in the space God has given us. God has blessed us with great facilities, and while the church is not the building, we are blessed because we have a place to gather.
Second there are the blessings of STRENGTH. The blessings of STRENGTH are realized through the strength we receive from one another by encouragement, prayer, and the sharing of burdens.
Third are the blessings of TRUST. The blessings of TRUST come from the lives and testimonies of others as they share how their trust in God helped them gain the victory through life’s difficulties.
I want to share with you 10 powerful statements we make when we regularly gather as a people of God:
- I am a child of God and love being in His presence with His people.
- I have been powerfully saved by Jesus Christ and am part of His family by faith.
- I enjoy being in the company of other brothers and sisters in Christ.
- I understand being a church member has responsibilities and I want to be used of God.
- I want my family to be spiritually prepared for the attacks of Satan.
- I have a great high priest in Jesus Christ who is acting on my behalf before God the Father.
- I am not ashamed to be associated with others members of my faith family.
- Gathering as a people of God is important to my family and I.
- My regular presence in God’s house is a testimony to God’s saving grace in my life.
- The teaching and preaching of God’s Word is indispensable for the spiritual health and growth of my family and I.
I want to encourage you to allow God’s Word to equip you to understand and realize the blessings of gathering as a people of God. Use the following verses to help you gain an understanding of the importance of regularly:
Ps. 35:18; 73:15-20 / Acts 4:32