Associate Pastor of
Youth and Young Adults
Church Staff Position Opening
Minister Of Youth And Young Adults
Location: Vandalia, IL
ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF YOUTH AND YOUNG ADULTS
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults at Bethel Baptist Church is called by God to follow Christ in a life of discipleship, using the leadership gifts given by the Holy Spirit to lead the youth and young adults of Bethel Baptist Church in carrying out the Great Commission for the purpose of expanding the kingdom of God.
Primary Responsibility: Ministry to Youth grades 7-12
- Provide pastoral ministry and support to youth and their families;
- Disciple youth and help build a culture of discipleship among the youth and their parents.
- Introduce youth and young people to Christ by sharing the gospel with lost youth and lost parents.
- Be out in the community and schools with the youth of the church and those who do not know Christ.
- Reach out to and connect parents of the youth to the church.
- Be knowledgeable and trained in abuse prevention and health/safety issues affecting youth; Create and maintain a safe environment for the youth,
- Plan, coordinate and attend youth camps and retreats.
- Participate and lead the youth in Sunday and Wednesday ministry and worship.
- Develop a weekly pattern of relationship building in the community with youth and their families;
- Lead, plan, conduct, and evaluate a comprehensive program of youth ministries;
- Plans and coordinates outreach events designed to engage unchurched youth and their families;
- Recruit, disciple, and train volunteers to serve in youth ministry;
- Be accessible to the youth and their families;
- Connect regularly to the homes of the youth and their families;
- Establish and monitor the youth ministry budget
- Oversee and guide ministries, discipleship, education, and budget for young adults.
- Provide and coordinate Gospel-centered Bible Studies for young adults.
- Retain and keep in contact with contact the college students of Bethel Baptist Church.
- Recruit, disciple, and train volunteers to serve in the young adult ministry
- Encourage and equip parents in their role as primary disciplers of their children.
- Support parents in teaching and mentoring their children in a life following Christ.
- Coordinate and plan regular events engaging to church families and families in the community.
- Develop and implement plans for ongoing parent training and encouragement.
- Recruit, disciple, and train volunteers to serve in family ministry
- Bible college or Seminary degree preferred.
- Experience in youth or family ministry preferred.
Personal Characteristics of the Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
- An actively growing relationship with Jesus our Lord, including daily prayer and discipleship.
- Is engaged in daily Bible study and devotions.
- Possesses integrity and holds a good reputation inside and outside the church.
- A commitment to Jesus.
- Exhibits strong relationship skills and an ability to connect relationally to youth, young adults, and their families;
- Is an advocate for youth, young adults and their parents.
- Faithfully adheres to the Baptist Faith and Message 2000 and the Bethel Baptist Church covenant.
Accountability of the Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
The Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults reports to the Senior Pastor.
Salary and Benefits of the Associate Pastor of Youth and Young Adults
Salary: Will be based on experience and education
Hours: This is a full-time position.
Benefits: expense account, phone reimbursement, mileage reimbursement
Other: two weeks paid vacation